UPDATED January 7, 2021: Communities, businesses and families across the world are grappling with the impacts of COVID-19, and the Detroit Regional Partnership (DRP) is continuing to track the latest developments from public health experts, business leaders, and government officials.
On this page, you will find resources from the DRP, the 11-county Detroit Region, public partners and community organizations.
The DRP will continue its efforts to connect, support, and build to promote shared growth during these uncertain times.
Read the latest blogs on the impact of COVID-19 on the Detroit Region.
IMPORTANT: COVID-19 Announcements & Executive Orders
Governor Gretchen Whitmer signed a $106 million bipartisan relief bill to provide families and small businesses support while also extending unemployment benefits to 26 weeks held a press conference to announce the latest three-week epidemic order. Click here for details outlining the relief bill.
State Healthcare Leaders Discuss COVID-19
Detroit Regional Partnership board members, Gerry Anderson, Executive Chairman, DTE Energy and Wright Lassiter, President & CEO, Henry Ford Health Systems joined local and state healthcare leaders on WXYZ-TV Channel 7 to discuss the increased pace of COVID-19 transmission in the community and the steps we can take to mitigate it.
The top three infection control tools include:
- Wearing a mask
- Washing your hands
- Social distancing
Watch a replay of the discussion online by clicking here or view the recording below.
From Business Leaders for Michigan (BLM)
The BLM is working to help employers, associations, and Michigan respond quickly and effectively to the COVID-19 global health emergency by gathering best practices from global companies and the most up-to-date information from state and national government sources.
From DTE Energy
DTE Energy is partnering with the Small Business Association of Michigan (SBAM) to ensure Michigan businesses are aware of the U.S. Treasury Department’s Payment Protection Program (PPP). The PPP authorizes up to $349 billion toward job retention and certain other expenses. SBAM launched a coordinated effort with a dedicated website for business owners that provides:
- Highlights of the PPP
- Checklist and document(s) needed to apply
- Instructions on how to connect with your bank and/or finding a lender
- Budget tool to track and ensure the loan is forgiven
Access the PPP website by visiting: www.PaycheckProtectionProgramMichigan.com
Access COVID-19 Information by County
Search for resources, best practices and important COVID-19 information by clicking a county below:
- Click here to access COVID-19 updates and information from General Motors (GM).
- Click here for the latest TechTown updates and resources regarding COVID-19.
- Click here for the Michigan Economic Development Corporation (MEDC) resources for Michigan businesses during COVID-19.
- Click here to learn about the MEDC Small Business Relief Program.
- Click here to connect and stay informed through the SBA Michigan District Office.
- Click here to access the Detroit Regional Chamber‘s COVID-19 Business Resource Center.
- Click here to learn how one Monroe County company created a program to help keep power plants operational during COVID-19.
- Click here to learn more about the Pure Michigan Business Connect (PMBC) COVID-19 Emergency Access and Retooling Grants Program.
- Click here to gain helpful tips, best practices, and information from the International Economic Development Council (IEDC).
- Click here for daily in-depth coverage of COVID-19 community response, provided by Business Facilities, a leading media brand specializing in the site-selection marketplace.
Join the growing number of Michigan-based companies and organizations like IndustryStar, FIRST in Michigan, May Mobility, RCO Engineering and others dedicated to fight and win against COVID-19. To be part of the “COVID-19 Arsenal Consortium”, please contact William Crane directly or email .
U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) and COVID-19
The SBA is offering designated states and territories low-interest federal disaster loans for working capital to small businesses suffering substantial economic injury as a result of COVID-19. The SBA’s Economic Injury Disaster Loans offer up to $2 million in assistance and can provide vital economic support to small businesses to help overcome the temporary loss of revenue they are experiencing.
For additional information, click here.
Who is at risk for COVID-19 in the U.S.?
Click here to visit the CDC website for the latest information on COVID-19.
What are some of the COVID-19 symptoms and complications?
Click here to visit the CDC website for a list of COVID-19 symptoms. Patients have reported mild to severe respiratory illness with difficulty breathing, fever, and cough.
Are there preventative care measures to take against the virus?
Yes. Start by incorporating these basic prevention tips:
- If you’re sick, stay home.
- Wear face coverings/masks.
- Practice social distancing and when you need to see others maintain 6 ft apart.
- Cover your mouth and nose when coughing or sneezing.
- Wash your hands frequently with warm soapy water for at least 20 seconds.
- Avoid touching your face — especially areas of the eyes, nose and mouth.
- If you’re becoming extremely ill, seek medical attention.
Spread hope, not COVID! Watch this video from the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services.