The GEM Chief of Staff will serve as the main project manager for the Detroit Regional Partnership (DRP) Build Back Better Regional Challenge (BBBRC) Grant – Global Epicenter of Mobility. The candidate will oversee, on behalf of the DRP and the GEM Collaborative, adherence to procurement and other grant requirements and support partners and vendors in achieving committed deliverables. They will be responsible for preparation and submittal of grant reporting documents as required for EDA grant administration. This position will be responsible for convening the GEM co-recipients and supporting convenings of other GEM councils and boards. The Chief of Staff will also function as Corporate Secretary to the GEM Board and report to the Regional Economic Competitiveness Officer/Executive Vice President.
DRP was awarded a Build Back Better (BBBRC) Phase 2 federal grant through the Economic Development Administration (EDA), focused on mobility. This position is incorporated into the team managing this 4-year grant.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
The Chief of Staff will be responsible for the following throughout the grant period:
- Coordination of meetings and conference calls with project partners throughout the grant period.
- Ongoing project management and assurance of timely deliverables.
- Manage additional RFI development and consultant acquisition.
- Determine requirements and undertake a competitive selection process for remaining grant vendors for EDA contractual grant activity.
- Grant implementation tracking to ensure timely results.
- Support GEM Finance Director and DRP with preparation and submittal of reporting documents to EDA.
- Coordination of DRP EDA supported staff and communication with non-grant DRP staff.
- Assist with vendor facilitation and coordination of working and governance groups related to the grant including GEM board, industry advisory group, and broader coalition stakeholders.
- Corporate Secretary to GEM/Southeast Michigan Grants Coalition board.
- Plan and manage details of convening of GEM councils and/or boards: communication, agenda development, preparing meeting materials, and coordinating logistics.
- Create and manage an annual schedule of initiative convenings.
- Synthesize discussions from each convening, document needed follow-up, and share learnings with the Foundation and our partners.
- Create and manage systems to track information about key developments and stakeholders.
Measures or Indicators of Effectiveness
Performance in this position will most often be measured or evaluated by:
- Creation of RFPs and contracts related to EDA grant with a competitive selection process completed for each project, as compliant with 2 CFR 200 procurement policies and procedures.
- With RECO, developing and/or maintaining relationships with key stakeholders and EDA officials.
- Oversight of contractual work related to EDA, ensuring that milestones are met and expectations for product deliverables are met, with approval from key stakeholders.
- Working seamlessly with GEM team on partner communications and meeting scheduling.
- Timely and accurate EDA grant reporting.
- Effective convenings.
- Deliverable deadlines are met in a timely and organized manner.
- Bachelor’s degree in social science, economics, public management, statistics, or other related area of study
- Knowledge of the Southeast Michigan mobility industry
- Strong Microsoft Excel and Power Point skills
- Experience using project management software/tools. Asana familiarity preferred
- CAPM or PMP Certification preferred
- Experience with federal grants preferred
- Knowledge of Michigan specific companies/industries a plus
- Fundamental organization, problem-solving, communication and critical thinking skills
- Comfort with working in a fast-paced, start-up environment
- Highly organized, ability to multi-task, and focus on detail
- Ability to communicate clearly in both written and live presentation formats
When you join the Detroit Regional Partnership, you will be part of a small but talented team – a mission minded group of individuals you will be proud to work with. You will be surrounded by supportive leaders that will allow you to map out your career path. With our robust professional development program, amazing networking opportunities, and executive exposure, you will grow as a professional.
At DRP, we also offer an attractive compensation and benefits package including generous paid time off, retirement contribution match, health insurance (medical, dental, visual), and life insurance.
Are you ready to do what you love with us? Submit your resume and any relevant supporting materials for consideration to Darrell Maurer, Human Resources & Benefits Coordinator at .