The Detroit Regional Partnership (DRP) is an economic development nonprofit dedicated to serving and promoting the 11-county region of southeast Michigan. DRP was founded in 2019 by a group of business and philanthropic CEOs and is laser-focused on marketing the region to out-of-state and international companies. Our team is solely focused on recruiting new companies and industries that generate quality job opportunities for all.
DRP is searching for a dynamic and passionate Marketing Manager who has a deep and extensive knowledge of digital and traditional marketing strategies, as well as strong project management. You will develop and implement a comprehensive marketing strategy as well as high-level marketing campaigns. You will be responsible for creating positive national and international brand awareness that advances the Detroit region’s story. This position requires a deep understanding of integrated marketing communications strategies and tactics and the ability to take initiative, prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously to meet stakeholder expectations and deadlines across multiple projects.
You’ll work in coordination with the vice president of marketing, the digital marketing coordinator, a communications consultant, and the business intelligence team. Together you will work to amplify the Detroit region’s story as a premier location for business across the globe, thereby building a more equitable and prosperous Detroit region.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Develop and drive strategic marketing campaigns from inception to launch including budgeting and business planning.
- Collaborate with DRP subject matter experts to create targeted external marketing campaigns designed to inform and influence decision-makers about DRP’s economic development services and the Detroit region’s strengths.
- Manage the DRP website. Enhance website structure and content for search engines, Search Engine Optimization (SEO), and Search Engine Marketing (SEM).
- Optimize web copy, landing pages, user journeys, and other elements to maximize user experience and lead generation.
- Manage third-party external graphic designers, photographers, and other media-production specialists integral to the completion of meeting project deadlines.
- Direct the production of all marketing materials, including brochures, newsletters, annual report, social media, and other ancillary materials for external and internal audiences.
- Report on campaign metrics and trends on a monthly & quarterly basis. Monitor market trends, analyze data, and assess the competitive landscape to identify opportunities and ideas for future brand positioning.
- Serve as a steward of our brand, owning brand guidelines & brand consistency across all marketing platforms.
WHAT MAKES YOU A GOOD CANDIDATE:
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, public relations, or related field preferred.
- Minimum of seven (7) years of professional experience supporting business development and marketing initiatives with significant experience in digital communications.
- Strong project management and conceptual design ability to oversee the design and execution of technical information design in print and digital mediums.
- High attention to detail and track record working on multiple projects.
- Demonstrated experience leading creative marketing campaigns.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build collaborative relationships.
- Good verbal presentation, group dynamic, and facilitation skills.
- Proficiency in computer applications, software, and systems such as Microsoft Office Suite, WordPress, In- Design, Cision, Falcon, Pardot, Canva, Adobe Creative Suite, Salesforce, and quick to learn new technologies and tools.
When you join the Detroit Regional Partnership, you will be part of a small but talented team– a group of individuals you will be proud to work with. You will be surrounded by supportive leaders that will allow you to map out your career path. With our robust professional development program, amazing networking opportunities, and executive exposure, you will reach your objectives as a marketing professional.
At DRP, we also offer an attractive compensation and benefits package including performance bonus, generous paid time off, retirement contribution match, health insurance (medical, dental, visual), and life insurance.
Are you ready to work with us? Apply now!
DRP is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.