The Detroit Regional Partnership (DRP) is an economic development nonprofit dedicated to serving and promoting the 11-county region of southeast Michigan. DRP was founded in 2019 by a group of business and philanthropic CEOs and is laser-focused on marketing the region to out-of-state and international companies. Our team is solely focused on recruiting new companies and industries that generate quality job opportunities for all.
DRP is searching for a dynamic and passionate Marketing Manager who has a deep and extensive knowledge of digital and traditional marketing strategies, as well as strong project management. You will develop and implement a comprehensive marketing strategy as well as high-level marketing campaigns. You will be responsible for creating positive national and international brand awareness that advances the Detroit region’s story.
You’ll work in coordination with the vice president of marketing and business intelligence, the digital marketing coordinator, a communications consultant, and the business intelligence team. Together you will work to amplify the Detroit region’s story as a premier location for business across the globe, thereby building a more equitable and prosperous Detroit region.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Develop and implement the organization’s marketing and media relations strategy that builds strong brand awareness regionally, nationally, and internationally.
- Develop and implement an integrated strategic communications plan to advance DRP’s brand identity, broaden awareness of its programs and priorities; and increase the visibility of its programs across key stakeholder audiences.
- Manage day- to-day digital and traditional marketing strategies to advance the Detroit region’s brand awareness.
- Provide guidance and oversight of the social media strategy in coordination with the digital marketing coordinator.
- Oversee and when necessary, directly execute all organizational marketing to develop promotional material that informs, inspires, and activates leads and prospects to locate in the Detroit region.
- Strengthen existing and build new relationships with media and stakeholders through creative and forward-thinking PR strategies.
- Develop and manage stakeholder related content, including: senior level communications, press releases, articles, blogs, newsletters, the website and social media, progress reports, annual documents and talking points for speaking engagements.
- Collaborate with staff to create targeted external communications designed to inform and influence decision-makers about DRP’s economic development services and the Detroit region’s strengths.
- You will support in the coordination of video and photography projects.
WHAT MAKES YOU A GOOD CANDIDATE:
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, public relations, or related field preferred.
- Minimum of seven (7) years of professional experience supporting business development and marketing initiatives with significant experience in digital communications.
- Proven experience in marketing, writing, messaging, and content development. Previous copywriting experience a plus.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with demonstrated ability to build relationships in a cross-functional team and work effectively with consultants, vendors, and other external partners and stakeholders.
- High attention to detail and track record working on multiple projects.
- Creative, innovative, and proactive problem solving and recognized success in tackling issues with fresh ideas and perspective.
- Can-do attitude, roll-up-your-sleeves approach, and commitment to excellence.
- Proficiency in computer applications, software, and systems such as Microsoft Office Suite, In-Design, Cision, Falcon, Pardot, Canva, Adobe Creative Suite, Salesforce (a plus) WordPress (a plus) and quick to learn new technologies and tools.
When you join the Detroit Regional Partnership, you will be part of a small but talented team– a group of individuals you will be proud to work with. You will be surrounded by supportive leaders that will allow you to map out your career path. With our robust professional development program, amazing networking opportunities, and executive exposure, you will reach your objectives as a marketing professional.
At DRP, we also offer an attractive compensation and benefits package including performance bonus, generous paid time off, retirement contribution match, health insurance (medical, dental, visual), and life insurance.
Are you ready to work with us ? Apply now!
DRP is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.