Talent Solutions Coordinator
The Detroit Regional Partnership (DRP) is an economic development nonprofit dedicated to serving and promoting the 11-county Region of southeast Michigan. Founded in 2019 by a group of business and philanthropic CEOs, our organization is laser-focused on marketing the Region to both domestic and international companies, attracting new investment, spurring job growth, and sharing our Region’s story with the world.
DRP is looking for an outstanding Talent Solutions Coordinator to deeply understand the talent we have and the talent we need. With your hands-on approach, you will identify talent solutions for companies coming into Southeast Michigan, develop a talent database, work closely with different organizations, and leverage new programs to meet employer needs. We are excited to add this brand-new role to contribute to the growth of the Region.
What You Will Get To Do:
• Become versed in local, regional, and state talent tools and incentives
• Assist in building and maintaining a workforce system partner database, identifying private, public, state, and nonprofit talent resources and specializations
• Perform research to identify traditional and non-traditional resources for talent
• Mine existing talent databases for information
• Develop process and questions for outreach to potential partners
• Perform outreach to individual partners via phone and email communication
• Participate in 1:1 interviews with relevant talent professionals to establish a relationship with DRP and work to understand services offered and geographies and industries they serve
• Catalog information in the database (Excel version)
• Perform research and information gathering to develop talent plans for prospective companies, respond to RFIs, and collaborate with the Business Development and Business Intelligence teams
• Work with the Talent Solutions Director to develop a formalized convening of workforce system stakeholders to collect information and develop partnerships
• Support the marketing team with planning and implementing talent-related awareness campaigns
• Write and edit talent-related content for different platforms such as social media, website, and press releases
• Assist with the planning and production of talent videos, marketing materials and collateral
• Implement a talent-content editorial calendar to manage content and plan specific, timely communications
• Assist in the successful delivery of talent solutions services
• Other duties as assigned
What Makes You A Great Candidate:
• A bachelor’s degree with a concentration in social work, communications, public policy, business administration, or related field is preferred
• Effective communication and interpersonal skills, connecting and building relationships easily with diverse stakeholders at all levels
• Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite; the ideal candidate will have intermediate (or higher) proficiency in Excel
• Knowledge of public and private workforce/talent training programs is a plus
• Ability to adjust quickly to shifting priorities in a fast-paced environment
• Demonstrated ability to navigate uncertainty and provide solutions in unknown territory
• Can-do attitude, passion for problem-solving and tactical execution, and drive toward success and perfection
When you work for the Detroit Regional Partnership, you will be the first in the state to tackle talent issues in an unexplored landscape. You will get the chance to collaborate with the board of directors and business moguls. With cutting-edge information, you will have the opportunity to change lives by giving people access to jobs. You will have an impact on some of the most exciting companies helping them hire great talent!
At DRP, we also offer an attractive compensation and benefits package including a performance bonus, generous paid time off, retirement contribution match, health insurance (medical, dental, visual), and life insurance.
Interested? Submit your resume to Darrell Maurer, Human Resources and Benefits Coordinator, at .
DRP is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.