The Detroit Region is leading the tech revolution in finance, insurance, and fintech
- With 98,000+ finance and insurance workers, Detroit is one of the top U.S. metros for total financial talent.
- The Detroit Metro ranks #3 for tech talent quality vs. cost among top technology markets in the United States (2021).
- Two #1 mortgage lenders are headquartered in the Detroit Region, alongside the presence of all Big Four accounting firms.
Don’t Take Our Word for It. Hear Why Other Companies Choose Detroit.
Insurance Tech Company Clearcover Expands to Detroit
– Gary Torgow, Chairman of the Board of Directors, Huntington Bank
– Dan Gilbert, Founder and Chairman, Rocket Mortgage
Our Location Connects You with Opportunity. Explore The Detroit Region for Yourself.
Financial Services Regional Facts
THE DETROIT REGION OFFERS AN UNPARALLELED INDUSTRY ECOSYSTEM. LEARN MORE ABOUT WHAT MAKES OUR HOME UNIQUE.
The Detroit Region is a growing destination for financial and tech talent.
Innovation starts with talent–and the Detroit Region boasts one of the most dynamic, highly skilled, and affordable workforces in the country. That talent advantage continues to grow as the region adds new tech and finance jobs at one of the highest rates anywhere.
- Detroit is the #9 U.S. Metro for total financial services talent growth, adding nearly 10,000 industry jobs from 2017 to 2022.
- Of the top U.S. financial metros, Detroit is #2 for fastest growing talent and quality with the #2 lowest turnover rate.
- The Detroit Region has more than 83,000 tech workers with compensation rates nearly $30/hour lower than in Silicon Valley.
Our top universities support a robust tech talent pipeline in the Detroit Region.
Anchored by one of the top business schools in the nation, the Detroit Region has a large network of higher education institutions that specialize in finance-related talent. Universities and colleges throughout the region offer leading programs in cutting-edge trends like blockchain, cryptocurrency, and artificial intelligence.
- In 2021, more than 10,000 students completed financial-related college programs in the Detroit Region.
- The University of Michigan ranks #3 in the nation for undergraduate business degree programs and #8 for their graduate finance programs.
- Nearly 84,000 students completed finance-related college programs within a five-hour drive of the Detroit Region (2021).
Unicorns and Fortune 500 companies alike call the Detroit Region home.
Detroit continues to lead the industry as one of the top financial hubs in the United States, blending our historic banking legacy with a growing entrepreneurial ecosystem. Our region is home to surging start-ups, Fortune 500 corporations, and the two top mortgage lenders in the country–with new companies launching, expanding, and investing in the region every day.
- The two #1 mortgage lenders in the United States–Rocket Mortgage and United Wholesale Mortgage–are headquartered in the Detroit Region.
- The Detroit Region is home to 5 unicorn companies, including Duo Security, Llamasoft, OneStream, Rivian, and StockX.
- There are 19 Fortune 1000 companies headquartered in the Detroit Region, including 10 Fortune 500 companies.
Contact Our Expert
Director of Site Selector Services