Corporate & Professional Services
The Detroit Region is a growing destination for corporate headquarters
The Detroit Region is home to the world’s most innovative companies and a growing destination for corporate headquarters—from General Motors to Rocket Mortgage. Our vibrant business community, lower cost of living, and highly skilled, affordable workforce makes the Detroit Region a perfect location for firms offering corporate and professional services.
- The Detroit Region is home to 19 Fortune 1000 company headquarters, including 10 Fortune 500 companies.
- Detroit is the #2 Most Affordable Big City in the United States (2020).
- Across all industries, there are more than 740,000 workers in business service-related occupations in the Detroit Region.
Don’t Take Our Word for It. Hear Why Other Companies Choose Detroit.
Pace Industries Relocates Global Headquarters to the Detroit Region
“We are very excited to expand our operations further into Michigan. Since we announced our move into Romulus and Southfield, we’ve had substantial interest from both our clients and the local communities to push further and faster into the region.”
— Matthew Achak, President and Founder, FCR
“Greater Michigan is home to some of the nation’s most notable companies. We see a bright future here and intend to continue our commitment to Detroit.”
— Ray Taleng, Market Managing Partner, PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC)
Auto Insurance Company Clearcover Opens New Detroit Office, Employs 300
WirelessCar Establishes U.S. Headquarters in Southfield
Our Location Connects You with Opportunity. Explore The Detroit Region for Yourself.
Corporate & Professional Services Regional Facts
Best Airport for On-Time Flights Nationally is DTW
In the Corporate & Professional Services Industry
Annual Completions in Business & Finance Related Programs
Among the Most Populous U.S. Metros
THE DETROIT REGION OFFERS AN UNPARALLELED INDUSTRY ECOSYSTEM. LEARN MORE ABOUT WHAT MAKES OUR HOME UNIQUE.
The Detroit Region offers the advantages of a major metro at a more affordable cost.
There’s no reason to pay big-city prices on the coasts when you can find top talent and affordable offices in the Detroit Region. At the center of the global automotive industry, Detroit offers one of the best business values in North America—with a highly skilled workforce and a robust corporate community.
- Detroit’s corporate and professional industry talent is one of the most affordable and has one of the lowest turnover rates out of top U.S. metros (2022).
- The average Class A office rent in Detroit is 67% more affordable than in New York City or San Francisco rates, while CPS talent wages are 30% more affordable (2022).
- One of the most affordable metros with a large talent hub is Detroit, ranking the third lowest cost of living index (2022).
Businesses thrive on the top-tier talent in the Detroit Region.
High-level corporate and professional services require a steady pipeline of skilled talent from cutting-edge schools. The Detroit Region has an excellent network of colleges and universities that graduate top talent year after year, including some of the nation’s best business programs and related degrees.
- Each year, more than 46,000 students graduate from corporate and professional services-related programs in the Detroit Region (2021).
- The University of Michigan ranks #3 in the nation for undergraduate business degree programs and #8 for their graduate finance programs.
- In 2021, more than 265,000 students within a five-hour drive of the region graduated with degrees related to corporate and professional services.
Michigan’s business climate supports a growing corporate hub in Detroit.
With one of the most competitive business climates in the country, the Detroit Region attracts companies from all across the globe. Our vibrant ecosystem helps companies in the corporate and professional services industry expand their business, while positioning them for long-term growth and success.
- There are 19 Fortune 1000 companies headquartered in the Detroit Region, including 10 Fortune 500 companies.
- Michigan is the 12th best state for business tax climate with a flat sales tax and some of the lowest individual and corporate income taxes (2022).
- Michigan is the 11th best state for business, rising 13 spots from 2019 to 2021.
Corporate & Professional Services Sourcing: CNBC, CoStar Group, Emsi Economic Modeling, SmartAsset, The Tax Foundation, U.S. News & World Report
Contact Our Expert
Senior Business Development Manager