With a population of nearly 1.4 billion, India has become the world’s fifth-largest economy, surpassing the United Kingdom and France last year. According to the ratings agency Moody’s, India’s GDP is projected to grow 5.8% in 2021 as it emerges from the pandemic that ravaged the global economy this year. A 2020 report by the World Bank noted that India has jumped 14 spots this year (from 77 to 63) in ease of doing business among 190 countries. With a growing middle-class of 300-350 million consumers, the nation has a high demand for U.S.-made products, services and technologies.
Join the upcoming “Doing Business in India” Automation Alley’s live virtual event on Thursday, December 10, 2020 from 8:30 AM – 10:30 AM EST.
Member Price: Free
Future Member Price: Free
- 8:30-8:40 a.m. Welcome and Introduction: Noel H. Nevshehir, Director of International Business Services and Global Strategic Partnerships, Automation Alley
- 8:40-9:05 a.m. Keynote Presentation: India Update: The Honorable Mr. Amit Kumar, Consul General of India
- 9:05-9:30 a.m. Opportunities and Challenges of Doing Business in India: Supriya Kanetkar and Sushama Kanetkar, Directors, India Trade Office, Great Lakes St. Lawrence Governors & Premiers, Bangalore, India
- 9:30-9:55 a.m. Company Case Study on Best Practices and Lessons Learned in India: Rophin Paul, Executive Vice President, PARI Robotics Inc.
- 9:55-10:05 a.m. Support for Michigan Exports: MEDC State Trade Expansion (STEP) Program: Jacob Schroeder, International Trade Development Manager, Michigan Economic Development Corporation (MEDC)
- 10:05-10:30 a.m. Open Discussion & Q-and-A
- 10:30 a.m. Meeting Adjourned